1. What is the main point of the essay?
2. Do the details show this point clearly? If not, which points need support?
3. Does the essay leave you with unanswered questions? If so, which questions?
4. What are the strengths of this essay?
5. Are there any mechanical problems that hinder your reading? If so, what types of problems (e.g., spelling, subject-verb agreement, wordiness)?
*adapted from Margot Soven's Write to Learn: A Manual for Faculty, 2nd ed., Philadelphia: La Salle University, 1991, 13..